Football season is here! Bring out your OSU gear to cheer the Buckeyes on this fall. They play next at noon on Saturday, August 30th, when they take on Navy, who they beat 31-27 in 2009. Watch the game on CBS Sports Network. View the complete game schedule and buy tickets here.
- Team members: Click here for a roster of current OSU football players.
- Head Coach: Urban Meyer
- Division: Division 1 (NCAA)
- Conference: The Big Ten Conference.
- Victories: The OSU Buckeyes have earned seven national championships (the first in 1942), 36 conference championships, and ten undefeated seasons.
- Key Rivals: The Michigan Wolverines, Penn State Nittany Lions, and Illinois Fighting Illini
- Braxton Miller, senior quarterback, will miss the 2014 season after re-injuring his right shoulder at practice on Monday, August 18th. He spent the spring recovering from his February surgery necessitated by an injury acquired in the 2014 Discover Orange Bowl. His more recent injury will also require surgery. Miller has seven Big Ten Conference individual awards--the most in conference history. Sports analysts say that Miller's absence will noticeably hurt the team. Kirk Herbstreit with ESPN states that now, Michigan State is the Big Ten team to beat. OSU teammates remain positive, pointing out that there are many more play-makers and that the team should not be discarded after the loss of their star competitor.