I hope you are all enjoying this holiday season! With Christmas behind us, it’s time to ring in 2014. What are you doing this New Year’s Eve? For those looking to make last-minute plans, here are some New Year’s Eve events taking place in Central Ohio, all on December 31st:
- 2014 First Night Columbus at COSI and the Veteran’s Memorial (downtown). This event begins at 5pm and costs $9 (kinds under 3 are free). It celebrates community spirit, cultural heritage, and the arts through entertainment and hands-on activities. Over 100 entertainers—from street performers to live bands—will preform in several downtown performance sites. Fireworks will be set off at midnight!
- Magic Mountain Fun Center’s New Year’s Eve Celebration. Both the Polaris and Reynoldsburg locations host this party, which runs from 4pm-8pm. The $16 admission fee includes two attraction tickets, 20 game tokens, and an all you can eat pizza buffet.
- Midnight Circus. Columbus's Hollywood Casino is offering FREE admission to o.h Lounge, which will have live entertainment. Guests can also experience the Midnight Circus on the casino floor at no cost!
- Shadowbox Live New Year’s Eve Celebration. Shadowbox is Columbus’s sketch comedy and rock’n’roll club and is located at Easton Town Center. Shadowbox will offer a 2+ hour concert/dance party with household band, BillWho? The $100 general admission cost (or two tickets for $180) also includes a dinner banquet and champagne toast at midnight. Doors open at 9pm.
- New Years Eve at Hyatt Regency. From 8pm-2am at the Arena District Hyatt Regency, 10 live musical acts of various styles will celebrate the new year. Available tickets range from $144-$154 and include an open bar, all you can eat buffet, and optional overnight stay (for a total of $450).
- New Year’s Eve Gala at The Renaissance Hotel. Available tickets range from $109-160. The gala will host an open bar starting from 9pm-2am, as well as hors d’oeuvres from 8:30-10pm. This is a (semi) formal event.